Langkau ke kandungan utama

Till Debt Do Us Part

"Honey, are we gonna get married or not?"
"Yes, we will get married-"
"When??"
"Well, just a matter of time. That is if your feeling is still unwavering and the same when the time comes."
"Why can't we just get married this year? Huh?"
"That'd be lovely. And nice. I guess. But it's not possible."
"Why not??"

"Well, for starter my own parents won't let me get married if I am going for the cheapest wedding package at the Sunway Resort, you know. I am not really a fan of such fancy, big wedding reception just to impress my parents' long lost relatives and friends. I just want a wedding for, maybe 200, 300 people the most. If possible I want the numbers to be smaller than that. I believe when it comes to wedding reception, the less the merrier!"

"....."
"(crap, here we go again!)
"..so, you don't want our wedding to be grand, beautiful and admired by many?"
"(sigh) I want it to be beautiful and memorable. But to be admired? I don't think our lives together as man and wife is valued that way, like the more people are impressed and admiring our wedding, the happier we will be as a married couple. Sure, we will feel elated, jubilant on the day till few days, or few weeks afterwards. Friends will talk about it. But most people who are not close to us won't even remember it anymore months after that. Close friends, perhaps. Close relatives, family member, perhaps, too."
"...."
"Come on. We've been over this million times. Every time we watch one of your chick flicks you will always bring this up! Sick of this shit okay! (stormed out of the house)"

Till debt do us part will be a much better ending than this one I guess. What kind of guy leaves the girl alone when the movie still has not finished yet? I'd rather have them got loans from the banks, loan sharks and relatives so that they can have their wedding that year. Make it grand. Invite as many people as possible. Oh, the girl's father is a businessman with lots of connection, pretty sure he will invite his politician friends as well. Better.

Honeymoon? Let's hope the prize money they collect from their guests can cover all the expenses to Europe. Don't just go to Paris. Go to Spain, U.K, Italy. Last stop, Paris, the city of romance. or love. or whatever it is called.

After all that, bask in the glory of such grand event for few weeks, hoping that it will keep the both of them "till death do us part" together.


ps: I think I am being too harsh here. hahaha. but this is mostly true, and applies to most couples. Not only in Malaysia apparently. You guys should try to look up for Why Weddings Have Become Meaningless Displays of pretense for Gen-Y and Dream $110k wedding ends in debt. Or can hit Buasir Otak for posts on weddings. Well, specifically Malay weddings because Malay weddings cost more, and sometimes even more than the Chinese and Indian weddings. Just go there and read about it. Really, eye opener wa cakap sama lu~
Sumber Adlan Khalidi

Then again, few smart and wise couples will not do the mentioned above, they will keep saving up, more money saved up, convince the family even, and get married, just the way they want it. Maybe spend their money in moderation for the wedding. Or maybe just splurge a bit more.

Both of them will then be living together, through thick and thin. =) And they  should be thankful that they have each other.

T___T

*forever alone reading blogging hanging out working out!*

Ulasan

plain83 berkata…
seriously, some meleis and their illogical logic... "takut orang mengata" plus "nak ambil hati sanak saudara" punya pasal sanggup berhutang sampai beratus ribu utk benda2 yg tak perlu langsung (grand wedding), pastu lebih bangang lg bila lepas tu bercerai berai (double bangang kalo punca penceraian itu adalah sbb mslh duit yg berakar-umbinya dari hutang wedding tuh)... seriously just look at the divorce statistics among meleis... oh dear god why?? ("*A*)~
well, adolah sobab nyo.
hahaha.
it is entirely up to individuals really. outsiders tengok diam-diam je lah. fufufufufufufu

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kembali

Sepanjang tahun 2018 langsung takde satu post. Wow! That's a new record set by yours truly. Banyak benda boleh berlaku dalam masa satu tahun. Dan banyak benda juga yang dah berlaku dalam jangka masa tu. Summary nye, perubahan kerjaya , tahun melawat Indonesia , dan new bundle of joy  (<----Ini emoji smiley, aku buat post ni pakai Blogger app) Kenapa kali ni tergerak nak blog balik? Sebenarnya, dari tahun 2017 tu aku nak meneruskan kelangsungan hidup blog ni..cuma, banyak alasan aku bagi dan jadilah apa yang dah terjadi sekarang blog yang dah lebih setahun tak di-update. Bersawang, dah jadi sarang angkut-angkut dah. Inilah sarang angkut-angkut. Blog kali ni more to syok sendiri mungkin, sebab aku rasa aku dah takde pembaca yang mengikuti perkembangan blog ni. Silap-silap, blog aku dah kena removed daripada list pembaca-pembaca lama aku. Mungkin kalau takde pressure untuk blog, aku akan lebih rajin ke sini. Siapa tahu?

Koleksi Baju Raya =P

Few days ago, went to Kemaman to get new baju melayu for Hari Raya. hahaha..when it comes to this, I will just accept any baju as long as wearing it doesn't make me the centre of attention on that day. So, what do I have in my collection so far? =P Macam pengantin gitu. =P I don't remember this one. Hmmm My first Raya Aidilfitri away from home, 2007. In Melbourne with my friends from Melbourne Uni. How are you guys? Last year's culture night. Hehehehe. Ore to ore no imoto, Pam. But this purple baju melayu is not mine. My man Azman lent it to me. Thanks heaps man. =) But I guess I kinda like the pengantin one, though it did make me a bit 'famous' due to its glittering when exposed to light. I guess, I was once an Edward Cullen wahahahah! Ok, that's not funny. My bad. *ehem* ehem* The only complete family picture. With my Silat Cekak Hanafi gang at the end of 2006. What's up guys? =) So, this time around went to Kemaman, to this one shop at the basement level ...

Want Some Hotdog?

WAHAHAHA!! I laughed when I first see this picture! I don't know whether to laugh at the spelling, or the prices set at that stall. Well, that's pretty mean of me. But it is a good laugh alright. The girlfriend sent me this picture. Before that she asked me, what's the spelling of hotdog in Malay. I said, not that I know of, just write 'hotdog'. Then she sent me the picture. The caption for this picture : "Don't know whose fault, the Malay teacher or the Math teacher?" Maybe it's just another marketing strategy. You know, when people ask, where did you get this? From hokdok stall over there. Brilliant plan on promoting it but fail miserably with the price. How to get profit like this LOL From the way it has been converted to Malay, I reckon the picture at the top was taken in Terengganu. You see, hot=hok. In Terengganu words that end with 't' always sound like 'k'. Example, sesat (lost) = sesak, pekat (thick) = pekak. But pekak (dea...